The Workshop and Training Day will take place in the Alice Perry Engineering Building on NUI Galway’s north campus. The Travel page has advice on international travel to Galway. To get around Galway city, there are a few options:
- Allow 25 to 35 minutes for a very pleasant walk from city centre hotels.
- A taxi from the centre will take about 15 minutes for a fare of approximately €5 to €9.
- City buses 402, 405 and 411 (links to PDF timetables) operate from Eyre Square to the main entrance of NUI Galway on University Road. From there, it’s a 10-minute walk across campus to the Alice Perry Building.
- You can borrow a bicycle from one of the Bikeshare stations dotted around the city (the Kingfisher station is very near the Workshop venue). A three-day pass costs €3, and short trips are free.
- Corrib Village accommodation is just 300-600 metres from the venue.
- Parking is available in the park&ride car park on campus, about 15 minutes’ walk from the venue. You will need a (free) permit, which we can provide on request. Pay-and-display parking is available in blue spaces throughout the campus.
Click on the maps below for high-resolution PDF versions. Print versions will be provided at registration.
Please note: the Training Day practical session will take place in room CA112 in the Cairnes Building, and not in the location shown on the map.